The main role of the officers in the Indian Coast Guard is to protect the marine borders of the country and assist in the rescue of people at sea. The various branches to the officers entry levels include Assistant Commandant - General Duty (GD), Commercial Pilot License, Short service appointment, Technical (Mechanical, Electrical/ Electronics) and Law entry.
Indian Coast Guard Application Form
Indian Coast Guard application was available online from August 17 to september 8. Candidates were required to register themselves with email ID/mobile number, Candidates could apply for only one post. Candidates were required to up;oad documents in two phases. Few documents are required at the online application stage and few are to be uploaded if shortlisted for stage II. The application fee was INR 250 and can be paid online. SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
Follow the steps listed below to fill out the application form for Indian Coast Guard recruitment for the post of Assistant Commandant.
- Visit the official site of the Indian Coast Guard.
- Click on the Apply for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment.
- Firstly, register yourself by providing your name and contact details.
- Once you register, you will receive a registration number and password on your registration number on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- After that, log in using the registration number and password to complete the ICG AC application form.
- Fill up the details and select the branch for which you want to apply.
- Upload the required documents online per the specification mentioned in the Indian Coast Guard AC(Assistant Commandant) Notification PDF.
- Pay the required application fee for Indian Coast Guard AC (Assistant Commandant) Recruitment per your category.
- Save the application form for future reference and retrieval/ Reprinting of the E-receipt.
Here we will give a detailed information in AC (ASSISTANT COMMANDANT) is given below -
Recruitment must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions such as nationality, qualification, gender and age specified by the authorities in order to avoid disqualification of their applications.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for the post.
- The ICG ( Indian Coast Guard ) AC (Assistant Commandant) vacancies in some disciplines are also available for female candidates.
- The applicants must have completed a Graduate degree in the relevant discipline to be eligible for the said post.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Eligibility criteria is given below-
- GENERAL DUTY - Only for males, born between 1 July 1997 to 30 June 2001 and the 5 years relaxation for personnel serving in Coast Guard or Equivalent personnel in Army / Navy / Airforce.
- COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE (SSA)- Both males and females are eligible, born between 01 July to 30 June 2003.
- TECHNICAL (MECHANICAL)- Only the males are eligible , born between 01 July 1997 to 30 June 2001 and 5 years relaxation for personnel serving in Indian Coast Guard.
- TECHNICAL (ELECTRICALS/ ELECTRONICS) - Only the male candidates are eligible , born between 01 July to 30 June 2001 and 05 years for relaxation for personnel serving in Indian Coast Guard.
- LAW- Both the males and females candidates are eligible, born between 01 July to 30 June 2001 and 05 years relaxation for personnel serving in Indian Coast Guard or Equivalent personnel in Army/ Navy/ Air force.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Educational Qualifications given below-
- GENERAL DUTY - Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree from any recognized university with minimum of 60 percent marks in aggregate i.e 1st semester to 8th semester for BE/B.tech course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree candidates.
Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class 12th of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent 60 percent aggregate in Mathematics and Physics.
- COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE (SSA)- Candidate should pass class 12th from Mathematics and Physics subject at least 55 percent of marks. Candidates who have completed a diploma in physics and mathematics with 55 percent of marks can also apply. Candidates should possess a valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by the Director General civil aviation.
- TECHNICAL ELECTRICALS/ ELECTRONICS- Engineering degree in electrical and electronics or Telecommunications or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and communication or power engineering or power electronics with 60 percent marks with any recognized university and institute. Mathematics and physics as subject up to intermediate or class 12th with 55 percent of marks. Candidates who have completed graduation after diploma are also eligible if they possess 55 percent of marks in diploma physics and maths subjects.
- TECHNICAL (MECHANICAL) - Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in Naval Architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace with 60 percent marks.
- LAW- A degree in law from a recognized university at least with 60 percent of marks.
Indian Coast Guard Assitant Commandant Eligibility criteria other conditions given below -
- Candidates who have been arrested , prosecuted , or convicted or any criminal charges are also not eligible to apply.
- Candidates withdrawn or suspended on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy cannot apply.
- Final year student cannot apply for this.
- Marks required is 60 percent for degree as well as intermediate also.
- Candidates not having physics and mathematics as compulsory subject till the intermediate level cannot apply.
Indian Coast Guard Assitant Commandant Selection Process is given below-
- STAGE 1- SCREENING TEST
- STAGE 2- PSB
- STAGE 3- FINAL SELECTION BOARD i.e (FSB)
- STAGE 4 - SPECIAL MEDICAL EXAMINATION AT BASE HOSPITAL
- STAGE 5- MERIT LIST DECLARED.
Download ICG (AC) Admit Card
Follow the steps written below to successfully download the Indian Coast Guard AC admit card from the official website.
Visit the official website of ICG, and Click on the link to admit card shown on the home page. And Enter the required details. And Click on the submit button. And your ICG AC admit card will appear on the screen. And download - II copies of admit Card.
Indian Coast Guard (AC) Answer Key, Result and Salary -:
The answer key for ICG AC recruitment will be available on the official website after the exam has been conducted, within a few weeks of the exam being conducted the official answer key will be available on the website. For any official announcement, the candidate should always visit the official website of ICG AC.
The results will b e announced after the interview has been conducted on the basis of the merit list . The merit set will include all the five phases examined, that is, the write exams, the physical exams and finally the induction, for more details.
Candidates for the post of Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard are provided with a salary of INR5 Lakhs to INR 15.8 Lakhs per year. Depending on experience it varies. Apart from this m they are also entitled to other benefits like DA, HRA, and Medical Facility. Learn about the ICG AC Salary here.
We hope this article was useful and informative for all the aspirants.
If you are taking the preparation for the defence examination, finding a good defence coaching centre, then you are on the right path i.e MKC Major Kalshi Classes PVT.LTD. in Ranchi "A way to get commissioned" . Major kalshi Classes is India's premier defence training institute and online web portal . We provide Defence training institutes in different states of India with our 15 years of excellence in all defence examinations. Our coaching institute bestows the highest number of selection rate in all defence examinations with the help of our passionate as well as smart and experienced team of professionals.
BEST WISHES TO ALL THE ASPIRANTS WHO VISIT HERE.