Navy CWE Scheme offers young sailors a grant of permanent commission in the Navy to select interested candidates who are dying to serve our nation and also complete the vacancy of the Indian Navy.
There are various entries through which a PBOR can become an Officer in the Indian Military. Although you cannot become a Commissioned Officer in the Air Force being a PBOR, you can become a Commissioned Officer in the Army or Navy. While the Army has plenty of opportunities for a soldier to become a commissioned officer, the Navy has a CW (Commissioned Worthy) Scheme and a very rare – Special Duties (SD) Scheme.
It is conducted bi-annually at six-month intervals.
This scheme offers young sailors a grant of permanent commission in the Navy with air to select interested candidates who are dying to serve our nation and also fulfil the vacancy of the Indian navy.
- Non-artificer apprentice under 22 ½ years to artificer apprentice under 24 years.
- Candidates must be married/unmarried but candidates are not allowed to marry during the examination.
- The mode of examination is online.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 and Non-AA candidates must have completed induction training including the class-III specialist qualification.
- Candidates of AA must have completed induction Training including class v specialist qualification.
- If educational Qualification in service documents is below (10+2) (Navy MR), you must submit proof of being 12th passed with physics and mathematics during PSB (Preliminary Selection Board).
- Candidates are allowed to appear before the preliminary Selection Board only three times.
- Marital Status:
Sailors who are married will not be provided with married accommodation nor allowed to live with their families while undergoing training. Those who are unmarried will not be allowed to marry till they become Sub Lieutenants.
9. Medical Standards-
A sailor should be in the medical category S 1 A 1. Those in the temporary lower medical category may be permitted to apply but their cases shall be decided on merit by the IHQ of MoD(Navy). Requests for consideration in such cases should be forwarded immediately on promulgation of results of the CW written examination. Such sailors will be directed to report for SSB only on approval of the IHQ of MoD(Navy).
10. Syllabus of the Navy CWE exam and questions are from 10+2 level the subject are follows physics, math General Studies, English
11. Written exam results are declared easily in the months of July and January.
The selection process followed by navy CWE is
- Applications of candidates are checked for any mistakes and errors and then forwarded to respective administrative authorities by MAY and NOVEMBER.
- After the verification of documents candidates are asked for the PSB in the months of June and December.
- Each board of authorities is headed by the CAPTAIN Rank Officers.
- Screening of documents is done by the board which male candidates for further process.
- After qualifying for the PSB interview by the candidates the candidates are called up for the written examination.
- After the written examination of the candidates, qualifying candidates are sent for the SSB interview.
- After the SSB interview qualifying candidates are sent for the medical examination and medically fitted candidates are given a call letter for the commission in Indian Navy CWE.
- Before commission candidates go through four years of training for B.Tech at INA Ezhimala.
Here are the full details about the selection procedure-
Preliminary Screening Board (PSB)
- The Bureau of Sailors will scrutinise the applications for errors and correctness of the facts stated therein and forward the names of eligible candidates to the respective Administrative Authorities and IHQ of MoD(Navy) / (DOP/DNE) by 31 May / 30 Nov every year.
- Depending on the number of candidates, the Administrative Authorities convene one or more Boards to carry out the Preliminary Screening of candidates during the month of June / Dec. Each Board is headed by an officer of the rank of Captain as the President with three other officers of the rank of Commander as members.
- In case of a sailor’s transfer to another unit, the Commanding Officer of the new unit deputies the sailor for interview by the Board in his Command, under intimation to the Bureau of Sailors. The Boards screen the applications and select candidates who have a reasonable chance of qualifying for the written examination and the SSB interview. The Board is guided by the following:-
(a) Screening of Service Documents and scrutiny of original educational certificate, in case educational qualification mentioned in the Service Document is below 10 + 2 with Physics and Maths. This certificate will be available with the application form or submitted by the candidate at the time of the Preliminary Screening Board interview.
(b) Assessment of officer-like qualities including the power of expression, personality, general knowledge and common sense.
HERE WE DISCUSS ALL THE SSB THAT IS SERVICE SELECTION BOARD IS DISCUSSED BELOW IN DETAILED FORM-
The SSB Service Selection Board interview spans 5 days during which various tests are conducted or framed to test the qualities and personality of the aspirants.SSB i.e Service Selection Board interview has a unique pattern and procedure where the tests are framed in a manner so as to reflect the actual personality and psychology of the candidate.
There are certain established qualities in the Indian Armed forces called the ‘Officer Like Qualities’ (OLQ) which are usually looked for in an aspirant during this interview. So the five-day procedure is an attempt by the Selection board to observe the candidates and scrutinize their every quality to see if they have the required OLQ. (Officers like Qualities) The entire procedure as followed on a different day is as follows in detail is given below -:
SSB INTERVIEW - DAY - 1
On the very first day, the screening Test is conducted consisting of an OIR (Officers Intelligence Rating) test and PPDT (Picture Perception and Description Test)
In the OIR (Officers Intelligence Rating) Test, candidates are given a set of 50 questions based on Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal and Non- verbal and Non- verbal reasoning The time given to solve these questions will be 30 minutes. After that in PPDT(Picture Perception and Description Test ), the Candidate will be shown a static picture on the projector for 30 seconds and they have to come up with a thoughtful story based on your perception
The candidates who do not perform well are sent back on the first day.
SSB INTERVIEW - DAY -2
After the first day, the candidate is called for psychological testing on the second day of SSB i.e Service Selection Board Interview are given below-:
TAT (Thematic Apperception Test )
In this test, the candidates are shown a hazy/blurred picture on the projector and the candidate has to write a positive story. The 12th picture will be black and the candidate needs to write a self-description.
WAT (Word Association Test)
This test determines the candidate’s psychology. 60 words are shown on the projector and candidates have to associate these words with some positive events.
SRT (Situation Reaction Test)
In this 10 minutes will be given to the candidate for answering these questions. 60 questions are given and candidates have to write 2-3 sentences in each situation
SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview - DAY 3 and 4
On the third and fourth days, the GTO (Ground Task Obstacle) is done to determine the Suitable candidate GTO (Group Testing Officer) is the most powerful person in the SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview he will spend two days testing the abilities of candidates.
GTO testing is divided into the following -:
- Ground Discussion (GD)
- Group Planning Exercise (GPE)
- Progressive Group Task (PGT)
- Group Obstacle Race (GOR)
- Half Group Task (HGT)
- Individual Obstacles (IO)
- Command Task (CT)
- Final Group Task (FGT)
SSB Interview - Day - 5
D- Day of the SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview On this day the candidate is called for the conference for verification by the panel and after this the result is announced.
A Personal interview round is also organized on any day between the second to the fourth day.
How to Apply Online for CWE?
Sailors desirous of the grant of the commission under this scheme should apply on the proforma placed in Appendix ‘A’. The Commanding Officer is to forward the applications to the Bureau of Sailors so as to reach them by 30 Apr / 31 Oct each year. Commanding Officers, while completing the remarks column of an application, should consider the power of expression, personal habits and moral conduct of the sailor.
All applications are required to be forwarded to CABS with appropriate remarks as to whether the sailor is ‘recommended’ or `not recommended. In cases where the educational qualification mentioned in the Service Documents is below 10 + 2 with Physics and Maths, the original educational certificate is to be attached to the application form or submitted directly to the Preliminary Screening Board.
This article makes the aspirant clear all about the navy CWE scheme. Join MKC (Major Kalshi Classes PVT.LTD) in Varanasi for better preparation and also visit our youtube channel of Major Kalshi Classes PVT. LTD in Varanasi for free informative videos regarding defence examination.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS USEFUL FOR ALL THE ASPIRANTS WHO VISIT HERE.
ALL THE BEST WISHES !!